I'm taking an extra two days off next week, for a five-day weekend. I desperately need it. With that in mind, I have some goals I'd like to achieve:
- Let go of having so many goals. I spend way too much time feeling like I need to be doing something, and that's leading to the burnout. If I'm not motivated, I will veg, and be OK with it.
- Spend quality time with Simon and Diana. Obviously if I'm not at work, this requires no effort. I just hope Simon can level out a bit with all of the teething that's making him miserable lately.
- Work on projects, but only if it feels right. I've got some momentum on the forum app, and that makes me happy. It's liberating to write code for something from scratch, instead of scratching through an endless backlog of uninteresting crap.
- Get my ear re-pierced. I've only been talking about that for like two years. It healed up pretty nicely within a year of taking out the industrial, and the little keloids went away. I thought about doing the industrial again, but bumping one end irritates the other and it never heals, so a single ring in the cartilage will be fine.
- Go somewhere we haven't gone yet. If Simon is up for it, I'd like to do something touristy, weather permitting. Maybe it's a zoo or aquarium, maybe the Space Needle.